Oxford Sail Training Trust
Tel: 01865 865 551
I hope this finds you and your families safe and well during these testing times. Today we are so pleased to be able to start talking about re-opening for RYA courses at the end of June.
We will not be able to operate at the levels we were before and as a result will not be offering our full range of courses that you have come to know and love. In fact we will be operating at about 60% capacity.
Happy & Healthy
The safety and welfare of our staff and clients is always a priority, therefore while coronavirus remains a threat the following actions will be taken.
- The centre will be operating a policy of social distancing. Areas where people are likely to gather will be marked to assist in keeping the recommended distance. Likely areas will be round our sailing simulators, signing in areas, classrooms and lunch areas.
- Groups of six will be given a base at a gazebo in a specified, sheltered area at a point around the reservoir; these areas will be used for lunch and teaching throughout the day, making for a fantastic cruise for our younger groups as they experience a mini-adventure using their new-found skills!
- All groups will be allocated their own equipment for the week, including buoyancy aids and boats. These will be cleaned and sanitised by our staff at the end of the week.
- All instructors will be equipped with a sanitising, cleaning & first aid pack to hand.
Looking Into The Summer
To start with we will only be offering tuition in single handed boats. Initially we will not be offering multi-activity courses for our youngsters, we will however still be running windsurf and dinghy RYA Stage 1 to 4 as well as a limited selection of our advanced options.
Our website and social media will be kept up to date with latest information on the courses that we are able to offer.
In addition our ‘after-course’ kayak fun sessions will be happening on the Thames as usual, you can book these at checkout after you select your course.
As well as our usual kit list, please ensure you bring the following items.
- Please make sure you arrive at the centre ready to sail as our changing rooms will be severely limited. There is also the possibility of returning in your sailing gear as well, so please bring appropriate equipment in your car to deal with excited (and possibly wet!) children as our changing rooms are currently closed.
- Please ensure that if bringing a lunch you have it secured in a separate bag so it can be transported to your lunch area separate to any other belongings you may bring. You must also bring a water bottle to keep you hydrated, the recommended is 2 litres.
- Make sure that the person attending the course has enough clothing for a full day outside in various conditions, good waterproof clothing as well as your own wetsuit and buoyancy aid is strongly recommended.
- If dropping off your child, please speak to them about the importance of respectful social distancing in these difficult times.
Book with confidence
We also want to reassure you that if you do book with us this summer and the course is then subsequently not able to run, you will receive a full refund. This summer we would like to offer a flexible system where you will be able to receive a full refund, reschedule your booking or hold over your booking to 2021 with no extra charge in order to make the most of this year's lower price.
As you can appreciate there will be a lot of changes required and I want to give you our assurance that your safety and welfare is our priority.
We appreciate your understanding and look forward to welcoming you back to Oxford Sail Training during 2020!
Take care, stay safe and see you soon.
How to find us
Oxford Sail Training Trust is a registered UK Charity No. 900436