Here at Oxford Sailing Trust we have designed our Young Leaders Programme for those of you who are interested in qualifying as an RYA Instructor. As part of the course you will recieve training that will help prepare you for your RYA instructor course and give you the relevant experience in water sports by assisting our fully qualified RYA Instructors. To apply to our programme you need to meet the following criteria; be aged 14 to 18 years old, hold two of the RYA dinghy advanced modules or the RYA stage 3 windsurfing qualification. In return we expect you to make yourself available for a minimum of three full weeks during the school's holiday period.
What's In It For Me?
- It's a great way to continue to enjoy what sailing and windsurfing have to offer by helping young people take part whilst building your own self confidence.
- Qualifying as an RYA Assistant Instructor is a great stepping stone towards your RYA Instructor, which in turn means you are eligible for full time work at all RYA Training Centres both in the UK and abroad.
- It can help you undertake the Duke Of Edinburgh's award programme. The programme offers the chance to experience what it's like to be an instructor in water sports, so you will be informed whether to pursue this in the future.
- The scheme requires you to show dedication to others and many other qualities that are attractive to employers.
- In return for completing the programme you will be offered, at the discretion of Oxford Sailing Trust, a free RYA Assistant Instructor course and a one off 50% discount on any RYA course run by Oxford Sailing Trust that takes place during the same year you are taking part in the programme.
- You will be provided with a work tee shirt and allowed to use the Centre's kit free of charge during your working week.
What Do I Need To Do?
If you are interested in applying, the closing date for returning all relevant paperwork is 1st June. Please contact the office on 01865 865 551 for more details.